Featured
Mississippi 102298
March 12, 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

N. L. left this review using the Directory software: Lots of room between sites now at the new campground. They do have free wi-fi and cable with water, sewer, and 50 amp hook-ups. However, you are going to really pay for it now. The cost went from $15 a day to $20 a day! That is a 25% increase! So I guess they are making the retirees pay for the new campground. Cleanliness really shouldn't be lumped in with Hospitality on the ratings because the place is very clean (duh, it's brand new) but the Hospitality from the host isn't that great. For instance, we pulled in and I went into the office and asked Veeda if they had a site, which of course I knew they did because I could see it from where we were parked at the office. I went in and asked if she had a spot for the night. She hesitated and looked at her board. Well, I also saw the board and the one opening on it so I said - I saw you had one spot open. She whipped her head around and glared at me while saying I KNOW WHAT SITES I HAVE OPEN. This surprised me so I said okay. Still hesitating she said well I've had someone call me three times about that site today alluding to the fact that she was sort of saving the spot for them and it would be a big favor for her to let me have it. (This is a no reservations campground.) So I mentioned the fact that they don't take reservations here and again I got the head whipping around and the glare! So I said, you don't do you? She then must have re-thought her reaction because she studied the board and the one site open and told me that she had told them if someone else got here before they did that she would have to give it to them. (Really?) So, she 'allowed' me to move in. She acted as if she was doing me a favor by letting us stay and not hold it for the one who had called. This isn't very friendly or professional if you ask me. But, we at least got the site for the night. So, the rating for Hospitality is a 1 - Terrible, even though Cleanliness is 5 - FANTASTIC. The Amenities/Facilities is only a 4 - Above Average because the laundry is a pay laundry. Location is 2 - Below Average because of where the campground is located, right next to a noisy highway and a train is also nearby. Nose level is high. Value is 2 - Below Average because we stayed at the Pelican Roost FamCamp at Mayport, FL and had all the same facilities WITH a free laundry and an OCEAN VIEW was only $17 a day! So this pricing is really, really messed up! Overall Experience has to be a 2 - Below Average because I have stayed at other FamCamps that were better.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 2

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
December 05, 2010
I feel sorry for these people to put down a beautiful RV Park like this , I guess when you have no friends or life it's all you can do, hope you find happiness somewhere.
Rick
1 results - showing 1 - 1
Cron Job Starts