4.5 208
Nevada 195335
Oct 3-6 2019
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I am a retired DOD Civilian with a Department of the Army retired civilian ID card. Any retired Department of Army civilian can get an ID card that allows one to use military recreation facilities. Just visit a civilian personnel office where you retired or bring in proof of retirement to any other military civilian personnel office and apply for the card. I have used it on Air Force, Navy and Army Famcamps over the years. Now, I must say that I really enjoyed my stay at Nellis AFB Famcamp. We had attended a military reunion in Vegas and this was a great place to relax away from the Strip. The only facility we used was the laundromat which proved to be clean and easy to use. Also, the instructions to Nellis Famcamp were right on. However, I found that coming from Kingman, AZ you follow Highway 93 north changed name to I-11, then to I-515 to the I-15. Then use the instructions posted on this sight to Nellis. I did find that if it isn't a heavy traffic part of the day, I could exit I-515 going north and exit on North Las Vegas Blvd North and follow it to Nellis for about 5 miles. Yes, you would hit traffic lights, but the traffic was low and it was a straight shot to the Nellis Famcamp. The traffic on I-15 was hectic and not fun while towing a travel trailer to get to the Craig exit. Stay away from the I-15 on Friday through Sunday as that is the heaviest traffic scene, also during normal rush hours.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or