4.0 188
New Mexico 152734
January 2018
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Not a bad FamCamp and it's quite secure (considering the location of Kirtland AFB in the Albuquerque area). Access to the base can be problematic - we came in from East I-40 and had to go to the west side of the base to the Truman Gate to get in. If you're not familiar with Kirtland/ABQ it would have been a nightmare for you. Info on Kirtland entry recommends not to use the Eubank Gate; however, an RVer had just come through it with a fairly large 5th wheel and he didn't have an issue. Looking at the entry there I don't think I would have had any issues with my 35 ft fiver (Wyoming Gate was closed inbound due to construction). As for the FamCamp it's plenty spacious and was about 30% full - sites are gravel and not much shade in the new section (not a factor in the winter). Office doesn't have much to offer but check-in was quick - staff could have been a little more proactive. Also, laundry room doesn't have a change machine and the office doesn't provide change; so bring your quarters if you plan on doing laundry. Overall our stay was nice and I would recommend this FamCamp.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
January 20, 2018
I hit my right mirror going out the Eubank gate. It is wide enough for RV.s but proceed at dead slow until you clear rge gate posts.
1 results - showing 1 - 1