Review Detail

4.0 56
15-17 Oct 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Directions - If you are visiting Round Pond with a 5th wheel, use the directions above. We came in from the east and decided to take US 9W south to CR 293. Our 5th wheel is 12’ 11” and a bridge over 9W (at Angola Road) is 12’ 10” so we took a quick exit onto Quaker Ave and I turned right into a 12’ 9” bridge (on my side). I took the other lane and made it under the bridge. I called the office for some directions and got no help (someone in the office had told me 9W should be a good drive). I used my GPS and took CR 9 north to NY 218 south that took us to 9W below the bridge. NY 218 is a two lane narrow road with many curves and hills packed into about five miles. NY 218 offers some beautiful views of the Hudson River but not made for large RV traffic. It was closed the next day from one inch of rain. Campground - The campground is mostly wooded and we had problems using our modem for computers and cell phone. I was able to get DirecTV from site C-11. Most sites would not be able to use satellite TV due to trees. There is noise from the artillery but we did not find it a problem. The Round Pond Road is only 1/2 mile but uphill with many tight curves. The park is very picturesque and well-kept. Seeing West Point was worth the trip.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or