Review Detail

4.5 91
August 4 -10, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

The staff are very friendly. Most sites now have a covered picnic table. The only sites that do not are those in the inner circle in the back. That area is designated for tents. However, tent campers can camp in other sites I think as there are several that have done that this week. The table is made of out some type of composite wood. Very nice. Rained all week so many sites flooded. The rain also flooded into the bathrooms too. That made keeping them clean difficult. Trash around the campground was not picked up as some trash and dirty diapers has been on top of one of the charcoal collection containers for six days now. Other trash along the road has not been picked up. Had part of a tree come down on our site and Guest Services told us they would not remove it. We would have to drive around it when we checked out. Well, there is no way to do that without damaging our RV! It was blocking the RV in and barely missed our car. They said they are sorry but we did sign that waiver and if we damage our RV while trying to get out then it is not their fault. We also were told we can not cut down or alter the tree either. Not acceptable. It took three days to resolve that situation and then the parts of the tree were finally cut down and removed once someone actually came out and looked themselves. All other interaction with Guest Services was great. Overall it seems that there must be some confusion over what role Guest Services plays in the maintenance and upkeep of the park, the MCCS maintenance folks, and the Camp Host. I believe that is what caused the issues I encountered on the stay. My overall experience is a 3. We will be back too. You can not beat being this close to the beach, fishing, etc.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or