Review Detail

3.8 156
April 2018
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

The previous reply must have a beef with new management or someone. This place has improved tremendously since Larry and Vicki took over managing it. Slowly improving things. New electric posts at sites, not all done yet. New picinic tables at all sites, no more concrete benches and tables. All sites have new posts with boxes that they put the name of Reservation and check in, check out. WIFI has improved greatly from 2 years ago, yes it could be better, but it's better than most campgrounds we have stayed at, might need an extender to pick up the signal better. The price of $25 is still good, Famcamps nationwide have been raising their rates and this one is still better than some of the others that are $30 to $35. Private RV parks are in the $40-50 range now. I don't remember anyone managing this campground in the past, I think some people became self appointed managers and if I remember correct, created some of the problems. Homesteading doesn't appear to be as bad as it was in the past. The grass and campground was in shambles 4 or 5 years ago. It has come along way since. Most sites are level, some will pool water during heavy rains. Electric and bathrooms are good. Also, no all Famcamps have dog runs or playgrounds. This place is great for the Museum and area and price is right. Reservations recommended. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 8 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or