3.8 34
Texas 54552
25 Sep 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Brand new, 18-unit park, with all concrete (and level) pads - right inside the gate. Everything is paved and big rig friendly.. Pulled in at 4:00pm, looked for the camp office - there is none. Went to the bathroom bulletin board to look for instructions on where to go to sign/-in - there are none. Looked for the camp host - there is none. Called the Outdoor Recreation number provided by this site - nobody answered. Park has the potential to be nice, but for right now, it looks like they have a few bugs to work out. Grass looks like it's never been cut. No up-to-date instructions for newcomers. No camp/base info at all. No wifi. Strange daily/weekly/monthly pricing structure. $35 a night? Seriously? That's more expensive than Military parks in San Diego and Los Angeles. Cheaper to pay for a week than it is to pay for four days? Interesting. One cheaper to pay for a month than it is to stay for only 10 individual days? Understand park is new, and they have a few things to iron out - but they may want to chat with a few other military parks to position themselves a bit more realistically!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 11 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
November 05, 2015
30 Oct 2015 Boy what has gone wrong with these Miltary parks? I can not believe $35.00 a night for a Military Park we have been Full timing for 13 years and that is the first time we have paid that much for a park. There is a Pasport Park a Couple of miles down the Road that is $20.. a night and just as nice. We stayed one night but never again and I had a Coupon and they wouldn't take it no reason just said the boss had to approve it got my book signed and no reason to ever go back. No other traveler's 2 empty spots rest were TAD people for Temp Duty by the Month
1 results - showing 1 - 1