Virginia 180571
June 15 - 19, 2018
(Updated: June 25, 2018)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I have always loved this Camp Ground. Quiet secluded and beautiful. However folks I do not think I will ever return in the heat of Summer. Why, little pests called mosquitos by the thousands. Ticks also. I was walking my 7 month old Cocker Spaniel who headed down one of the marked trails that I have taken dozens of times in the past, but always in the late fall and winter. Got near the foot bridge and the mosquitos attacked. Got out in a hurry. The next day we stayed on the roadway and walked around to the area used for tent camping and walked through to the pathway leading back to the restroom/shower facilities and again the mosquitos. I noted that there were three different camp sites in use and gone the next morning. Got back to the RV and the Mrs. helped remove ticks from the back of my body. We checked the puppy and found none on him. Don't get me wrong Cheatham is a wonderful campground facility. Just be prepared to have some type of insect repellent with you and use it before wondering away from your RV site. Will be back this fall or winter. We were there over Father's Day weekend and there was a load of fellow campers, but did not see or was able to chat with many of them since they were celebrating his day in Williamsburg or Busch Gardens theme park. The site I was assigned was not very level, but we carry enough leveling blocks to take care of this problem. Internet access was ok since we carry our own modem upgrade to enhance the reception. One night our puppy wanted to go out at around 3:30 a.m. to do his thing. Opened the door and a fox was right there. It looked at my pup who returned the stare then the fox took off across the street and turned back around and watched us for several minutes before heading into the woods. Like I have stated in the past, Wildlife galore. Haven't seen a black bear, but Virginia's Black Bear population is growing pretty darn fast. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or