Washington 123521
July 6 - 8, 2012
(Updated: August 03, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I've only owned an RV for three years, but I've seen a few campgrounds in Canada and Washington State. Cliffside is the best I've experienced for many reasons which I'll get into shortly. We've only stayed once so far, however, we have another reservation coming up this weekend and we are introducing friends to the beauty of Cliffside. The renovations they've completed are spectacular. Attention was placed into every little detail from the perfectly level concrete pads and power/water post with light all the way to how each spot positions the RV to have a great view. I'm impressed at how simple and elegant the layout of the park is and the little bridge that connects the North and South loops is a neat little touch. The facilities are great in that everything is new and working. So many places let the facilities run down until they just aren't functional. I don't see that happening here. While we did run in to some fellow campers that left the washrooms in a horrible mess, the camp host was quick to deal with it. View is unbelievable. Simply put, it is breathtaking. That isn't sufficient, however, to describe the eagles that fly around the site, the ocean view, beach, or any of it. The only way to understand the view is to park your RV in a spot and just enjoy. If you get tired of the view from the RV, you've got to try the love-seat swings placed around the beach walk. Just sitting and enjoying the sunset with my wife was... wow. I only got to meet one of the camp hosts-- there are two-- whose name is Ken. I own an RV for several reasons, but one of the main ones is so that I can meet friendly people without the "I've gotta go" feeling. Ken was so welcoming when we arrived at the site, I began to wonder if he was a relative that I'd forgotten about. After 5 minutes of chatting, he was able to make me feel at home. He pointed out all the facilities, provided suggestions about places to grab a snack when we didn't feel like cooking in the RV. I saw him fluttering around the park cleaning and fixing; generally, he was always working miracles of some kind or other. Even with the busy schedule, he always found time to stop and have a chat. Amazing guy. I was able to talk about a few of his experiences in the military and swapped a few stories with him. I understand that they are still improving the place, if that is possible, by adding a small office that can handle reservations and payments right within the park-- no more stopping at the Inn to check in and settle up. Can't wait to see that in action! If you are in Washington and you don't book a few nights at the Cliffside RV Park, you are simply OUT OF YOUR MIND. This is a gem that sits far above any other camp facilities I've experienced. In fact, it wouldn't be fair to compare Cliffside with any other location. Thanks to the FAMCAMP and US Navy for making this available to us. What a treat!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or