4.1 83
California 157663
Sept. 3, 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

well, once again we need to correct something said by a past reviewer. CSLO is one of the nicest facilities in california, no it doesn't have a great big commisary or exchange, no it don't have swimming pools and car washes, gymnasiums, movie theaters, partriges or pear trees, it don't even have concrete to park on, BUT ! if you are looking for quiet, peaceful camping, and aren't afraid of wildlife, this is your place. CAMPFIRES AND PROPANE GRILLS !! o.k. guys heres the deal, all the r.v. full hookup sites have fire rings and you are welcome to burn 20 cords of wood up during your stay (don't forget to clean up your mess though) all the full hookup sites have picnic benches and you are welcome to put your litle gas grill up there and cook as many steaks as you want. what the last reviewer neglected to mention is that he was camping in the overflow area. that area is dry grass and would catch fire very easy (california has enough of that without our help)and no, you cannot burn anything including gas grills in the overflow area. i am forever amazed at the way folks review campgrounds, one little thing they don't like and they write a review that makes the park look as bad as possible. i am not an employee of SLO, i live in colo. am retired navy, i do stay at SLO every year (several times) so if not being able to start a grass fire, or not being able to use your V.A. i.d. card to gain entrance bothers you, there are a lot of real nice r.v. parks in the area that would love to have you.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 6 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or