4.1 129
California 117956
November 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We stayed two nights at Travis AFB for $20 a pop. A decent place, but they have so many ridiculous rules I felt like I was back in bootcamp. They have RV spaces designated as "Pet spaces" and "non-pet spaces." If you have a pet you can only stay in a pet space. If you don't have a pet and the non-pet spaces are full but there are pet spaces available, a non-pet RVer can stay in a pet space, but NOT vice versa. So, pet owners are second class citizens at Travis. Also, the pet areas are STRICTLY ENFORCED (per the many, many signs) and if your dog steps on the grass then maybe the "pet police" will swoop down and issue you a citation. Okay, I'm joking, but only a little bit. Your RV CANNOT overhang the grass. You CANNOT have any items under or around your RV. Starting to get the idea? If you pay by personal check they want your full social security number on the registration form, the envelope that the form goes in, and the check itself. Are they insane? Why don't they just post it on the internet and make it even easier for identify thieves? They advertise free cable TV but to get it you must have a cable descrambler box which is not available on the weekends or after hours, so for us checking in on a Saturday we had no cable TV. They also advertise free wifi for the first 24 hours only. To get the wifi was complicated and when we got it it was extremely poor quality and tripped offline frequently. The bathrooms were superb. Lastly, at Travis you can camp for 180 days straight so there were a very large number of homesteaders living there. It gives the park a different feel, which we don't care for. Unlike virtually every other famcamp we found the residents to be standoffish and unfriendly to us, as if we were interlopers on their turf. Despite all that, we would stay there again for a night or two if we were traveling through.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or