Colorado 99629
May 1-15, 2012
(Updated: May 12, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We are leaving in a couple of days and I wanted to add a few comments before I forget them. As others have said the Famcamp is experiencing the new RV park growing pains (the reason for the 4 rating),i.e., letting the grass grow too long (it will be mowed very soon according to the staff) signage,no shade trees,one dumpster only, hosts to help with checkin and letting the staff know what is needed in the campground. Many pluses: near I-70 and I-225, located in the greater Denver metro area, 4 miles from a world class hospital complex including VA, washer and dryers are new and free, clean bath facilities, large sites with hardstand parking (almost level), a lot of space between sites, new lake and playground facilities, BX and Commissary close, miles of walking paths located at the famcamp, outdoor rec center staff are very helpful and friendly (a major plus). Negatives that will not go away: flightline is close (but they do not fly at night, so far), windy (nothing to break the sometimes strong winds), a firing range not far from the famcamp (little popping noise only but constant during the day), the base does not have a golf course or auto hobby shop. One other plus IMHO is the 30 day stay policy from April to October (no homesteading! Although Jeff did say the 30 day limit can be extended if the campground is not full (again they are flexible but once this famcamp gets to be known we expect it will be full in the summer). It is very quiet at night and the security people do patrol periodically. As the famcamp matures this will be one of the best in the system if they can keep up with what they have started, definitely on the right track. We hope the future plans call for planting trees to break the wind and add shade, both are needed.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or