Colorado 139579
June 2013
(Updated: June 26, 2013)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Gorgeous location; perfect views of Pikes Peak at top of park. If taking a larger RV (I have a 35' fiver), I highly recommend trying to get into Pavilion 4. It is at the top of the hill directly behind the office. The availability of water is a bit deceiving. Water is a community spigot on the side of the road across the street from Pavilion 4. If coming in dry, you will definitely want to fill fresh water before parking. 110 electric is also available; however, it is 20amp service. This worked okay for me as I was testing out my new solar system, but a little frustrating when thinking you are paying for electric. Luckily, the temperatures were very mild and we didn't need to use the a/c. The staff was very friendly and helpful. One thing they didn't mention (of course we didn't know to ask) is that if you plan on going to the Air Force Academy after being there, if you get a fishing license (they issue their own), it is good at both Farish and the Academy lakes. Overall, this experience was very pleasant and would definitely consider doing it again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 11 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or