4.1 80
Florida 157251
20 - 25 SEP 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Was in JAX for a week long training. Stayed at the Navy Lodge, right next door to the CG. Family PCS to JAX next summer so I took the opportunity to make several visits to this campground. Plan on staying a few weeks next summer (while house hunting)so wanted to take a good look. Can't beat the location! Walk to golf w/ newer restaurant (ate here twice cheap and good food), hospital, O club, gym, and church. Great nature walks and running trails. Very quiet, lots of security drive by's. Minutes away from any store you can possibly imagine. Coming from Beaufort, I was very excited! Target is right outside the front gate along with Firehouse Subs (Yum).
Internet (have to pay for it in CG and Navy Lodge) worked pretty well. Cell service was a little off. I have Verizon but many people from my class also had reception problems (different carriers). Maybe because it's an air station?? The negative is a strong odor coming from the direction of the river. Some days were worse than others and it wasn't just the CG, the entire area when the wind was right. Still, I think the benefits prevail. We plan on making several visits this coming year.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or