4.1 80
Florida 157254
Dec. 1-13, 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

C.H. left this review using the Directory software: This was our second stay here. We had made our reservation about two months prior, but when we arrived on 1 Dec, they had us down as arriving on 2 Dec and staying a day later than we intended. All the hookup sites were taken that first night so we stayed in one of the primitive sites, #19, down facing the river. They did not charge us for that night and refunded our last night's payment. The next day we were able to move to a gravel site with full-hookups. The next day we spotted an empty concrete site, so I called the office and we were able to get it. There really is quite a difference between the old and new sections of the campground. Sites in the old section are gravel and dirt, quite close together and some could present a challenge for large rigs. That area is quite wooded and fairly dark. The newer section with its concrete pads and grass is much more pleasant. Some of the pads are pretty tilted, though, and it takes some major leveling. The bathouse is heated with hot showers and free laundry facilities. We did not have any issues with its cleanliness. I agree with previous reviews about the lack of a campground host. I asked about that at the office and was told that they didn't want to pay for one. A Host would be a big help in keeping an eye on things, helping with late arrivals and being available to answer questions. All in all, we would definitely come back.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts