3.8 86
Maryland 123946
Apr-May 2018
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We have been here a week and will be here another week. So if this review changes, I will update it. The campsite is conveniently located to DC. The sites are concrete pads and the road around campsite is gravel. The showers and bathrooms are very clean, but are also very outdated and old. They need a good overhaul, as it seems it is the original everything. Our campsite, and the gravel road in front of us, had a muddy mess most of the time, due to some sort of leak, according to the campground host, Denise. You will note from the pictures and there hasn't been any rain the week we've been here. Speaking of Denise: She is very matter of fact and to the point which is greatly appreciated! Another reviewer wrote she was trying to kick them out when instead of stating the fact: She was giving a reminder of check out time. She has also been quite helpful with information and I've seen her outside everyday we were there. Come to find out, she also keeps the bathrooms clean; probably why they are so well kept. She was mowing around the bathrooms with a PUSH mower and also weed eating while we were there! The whole place needed mowed and this lady was trying to do it all by herself! There is a busy road outside the gate and cars can be heard when the door is open with screen shut or late at night when the AC isn't on. While the campsite needs some updates and maintenance is beyond Denise's abilities, it's a great buy for $20 a night and I'd certainly stay here again!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or