Featured
Nevada 63033
31 May 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

The "office" has no clue about what they are doing. Was assigned site 9. This is the ONLY site that is laid out where you have to pull into at an awkward angle. It is 90 degrees off every other site for no reason other than to maybe be a managers spot for some reason. The new water access outlets are extreemely awkard to use. They are in ground. You have to lift off the plastic box cover which they cut in half and permenantly mounted half of it to the box. Then because of a heater rod, you can not get to the valve wheel to open the water valve. I have 5 scrapes on my wrist where it was scraped by the permenant cover, while trying to open and close the water valve. Whoever designed this out to be sent out to open and close the valves themselves. Second complaint is the access to the showers / laundry. At check in, they asked what keys we would need. I said men and womens shower and laundry. Was given one key and when I went to use it, it would only open the womens and laundry. The office was closed by this time, and no sign of a camp host was anywhere. There is a connection in the pedistal for telephone and cable, however neither work. The office said that they do not have a cable company contract, and did not know anything about the phone.
Asked where on base we could get a sit down meal and their best guess was the bowling alley. They didn't know if any of the clubs offered meals. Asked for a base map or campground info sheet and was told they are on the wall in the office. Overall, this is a clean and open CG and has great possibilities with the free laundry and cleaan showers. If they had a decent operation person and fixed the water concern it could be top rated. If they had a camp host to do the check in, or had someone to run the place that knew what they were doing it could sure make for a better experience. This is our third time to Fallon over the years, and it really does not seem to improve any.
F
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or