4.5 208
Nevada 195348
May 2013-31 Mar 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

As a former host from May,2013 thru Mar,2014, I feel it necessary to clarify some of the comments recently made about the park. Larry, I hope there is someway this information may be saved for future reference. 1. Because reservations may be made 6 mos. in advance and the stay for 6 mos. the park is very popular from September thru May for full-timers. The reservation system is similar to a hotel system in that reservations are booked for a site based on arrival date and length of stay. Additional requests (i.e. pull thru, shade, close to bath house) are accommodated if possible. 2. As the grid fills up, it becomes harder to move people in the park and retain the integrity of the system. A guest making a reservation in April for arrival in September will have priority over a guest making a reservation in June for September. A walk-in with no reservation will have to take whatever is available based on the length of stay. If a full hook-up is available for the entire length of stay, this will be accommodated however, the guest may have to start out in a partial until a full hook-up is available. Guests are told this at check-in and given the option of staying where they are parked or getting on the waiting list for a full hook-up for the rest of their stay. The reverse may also be true. If a guest sees an open site and wants to move, it may be for only a day or two because a guest with a prior reservation has not arrived yet. 3. The much anticipated expansion of the park has been pushed back again by the FSS Squadron due to funding issues. The park manager, Randy Peck, works very hard to keep the Wi-Fi service in good order. Many guests violate the instructions handed out at check-in and stream videos, music, etc. contrary to the wi-fi use rules. On a personal note, I find it very paradoxical that many guests complain about the $22 full hook-up fee while driving $100,000 and up rigs. A hotel stay in the Las Vegas area is $40 or more a night and that's a fleabag place. Parks like Del Mar, Seal Beach, Admiral Baker, etc. are $35 to $50 a night. Desert Eagle is one of the better managed RV parks in the military system. In my opinion, as a former host, the park should change to first come, first serve and quit taking reservations much like Davis-Monthan but that will never happen I'm sure.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 16 1

Comments

3 results - showing 1 - 3
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
January 30, 2015
I have to agree with some of your comments. However, I have never been given the opportunity to stay there, since they have a three pet limit. I have 4, I can assure you I have stayed in many campgrounds where people with one have been a bigger problem and offender of the rules, their one will bark the whole time and that is ok. My 4 are never heard from and they have never left a crap in any campground or rest area. I also here that the rules is 4 pages long (exaggerating). If the rules were changed to first come first serve and the system was changed to similar to Davis Monthan, including a limited number of 6 month and 3 month sites, just like them. They would still stay full and not have a problem. But, if Randy has been there forever and not open to change, it will never happen. The RV park makes tons of money for the rest of MWR and can't get any for renovations, that's wrong, this goes on everywhere, RV parks shouldn't be supporting the losing MWR facilities, close the losers. I am sure if Pam has truely left as manager at Davis Monthan, you will see this park head for the weeds in short order. That one has the best and fairest system I have seen yet. Just like alot of other parks, managers and hosts become friends with RVers and bend the rules for their friends. That will never stop.
February 16, 2016
I agree with most of your comments, with the exception of the comment about driving $100,000 and up rigs. Most of us worked overtime, saved every dime (at least my case) we could, and hoped our credit was approved to get a nice RV. Many of us are still common folks, working hard to get what we have. That may give us the right to complain about hook up fees. It's mainly lip service, because we're to pay the fee anyway. Just over look it.
March 14, 2016
Thanks for the explanation of the reservation system, but the comment about who has the right to complain about pricing is unnecessary.
3 results - showing 1 - 3