3.9 32
July/20/07 to July/22/07
(Updated: July 23, 2007)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

The Pluses. Great location, just far enough from everything to be quiet, just close enough so you can get there easily. If you are looking for out of the way this is it. I have to agree with everyone that said Great View of the bay! It was. Directions provided by Campground were great, and easy to follow. Grass looked to be well taken care of, and the gravel camper parking area was in good shape, as was the paved parking lot. There is a Navy Exchange Mini Mart with a Navy Federal ATM about a mile away on the way toward base. Adjoining recreation area was also in really good shape. The Down sides. While I was there I looked at the Tent sites that they offer, they were not so good but this is an RV park. No one has mentioned this, and it really isn't a huge bother, but there is a tourist train that passes the campground about 4 times a day during daylight hours on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, it is the Newport Dinner Train, they have a web site, it looks like fun. I only found the train to be a bother the first time it went by because I wasn't expecting it. Sewage hookups would really make this campground shine as a great one.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or