3.9 52
South Carolina 199132
5 April - 8 April 2019
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is our first stay at Short Stay. We are from just a few hours away and don’t get to go often or far on weekend vacations. The location is awesome, situated on the banks of Lake Moultrie, one of the premier lakes in SC. Arrival and check-I; was easy. I was given a list of sites available based on what I reserved and sent to pick my site. Thank goodness I was going Vern the option as out of 12 sites only one was not covered in water. I understand that it had rained heavily that morning but to have the majority of the available sites covered in water really isn’t acceptable. We noticed that the best sites that didn’t have concrete pads were occupied by full-time residents or old, broken down looking rigs that have obviously not moved in a very long time. We had at least three immediate neighbors that are obviously using these sites as seasonal or permanent sites and only come in every now and again. I would have to say that over half the campground sites are occupied full-time. Out of 68 sites not t listed as “Monthly” over half are filled long-term. The 50 amps sites all have concrete pads and most are water front. Some of these seem to have permanently parked rigs on them. I’ll know better next time to make sure I reserve a 50 amp site. The store was nice and appeared to be new. The bath house left much to be desired. The shower stall that I used was dirty with someone else razor stubble smeared on the walls, thankfully the stall was large enough that I could avoid the wall easily. Overall it was a decent place for the place, however, I have stayed at nicer for less. If they would get the permanent RV storage out and clean up the sites so that they don’t all flood when it rains it would be a much nicer place.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 11 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts