Review Detail

3.9 69
August 2019
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

All I can say is wow...this is the worst military campsite I have experienced. How do you not take reservations for full hook ups...and only take reservations for partial, and then stick people a 1/4 mile away from actual restrooms! I cannot believe that these extensions are not full hook up, and can't believe the layout here. By far the worst layout I have seen traveling through the US and staying at 13 other military campsites. So now I stay here two nights collecting waste, and then have to dump by all the other campers on the other side of this mess!!! Don't care that there's a lake...I would rather have the security of knowing that I'm going to have a full hook up upon arrival. This is the last time I'll stay here. I should have reserved the KOA or other place...but now I'm out of luck. Give the guy a promotion that runs this place!!! 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 9

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
October 21, 2019
Reservations for full-hook up were once taken here and it was a disaster as often times people no show. Now, four spaces are held for people traveling so that they can get a place. The partials are an addition to the original 20 spaces. Sewer will be added as funds become available and other upgrades are being worked on as well. The improvements are being done as quickly as possible. This Fam-Camp stays at 80 to 100% capacity year round so additional sites were added. The guy that runs it is a girl. She can be reached at 325-654-5643. However, the layout was determined long before she arrived.
1 results - showing 1 - 1