4.4 133
Texas 141842
3 Mar 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Have stayed here several times before over the years. Good stopping point when passing through. They operate on a first come first served basis. I called during duty hours and Norma said she only had 3 open spots. We arrived at 1645 (after hours) only to have the host tell us two rigs pulled in and they were full. I told her there should still be one available. She held firm that the park was full. On our way out to find a civilian park, we spotted the open site and pulled in. Went back to the host to let her know I found an open site. She didn't believe me and wanted to check with the neighbors in case someone was out getting their rv fixed and would be back. I asked her if the site was paid for for the night and she would not answer if it was or not. She kept going on about how she and her husband had been in the site next door and knew the person who had been in the empty site. Umm, I don't care since the site was empty and first come first served applies. She relented and took my details and my $18. I now have to go to the office in the morning to get a receipt so I can file my travel voucher. It seemed as though she was trying to hold the site for somebody. When I spoke with the staff 2 hours prior to arriving, I confirmed they do not take reservations. I don't know why there was all this fuss over an $18 campsite for one night. Though the FAMCAMP is nice enough, the current hosts lack customer service.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or