4.2 25
Virginia 44725
June 25 - 30, 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Nice little park, sites all level and black top. Great staff. The base PX is small and closes at 5 and gas station/C store closes at 6. If you need ice it is off base after 6. Cute little village "Phbous" just outside of gate artsy/crafty type place, like stepping back into time. As reported in earlier post bath house is one man and one woman. Toilet and shower in one big room, so if someone is using it, your out of luck. But did not pose a problem for me. Very clean and lots of hot water. RV shower are not for me, to little hot water. Only real complaint was we arrived on Wed and grass needed cut badly, not cut it until following Mon. Tall grass and bug that bite go hand in hand. Told the environmental folks were doing a study to see if the could spray for bugs. What has happened to common sense? If you are visiting Hampton/Newport News/Williamsburg area or Norfolk just a short ride up/down I-64. Plan on time for seeing the Fort (real deal), largest stone fort in US. Views of the water and ships from the base are not surpassed. We will be returning. Hope to see you there.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or