Review Detail

4.5 17
Aug 12 - 19, 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Great location for Mt. Cheaha State Park, Talladega Forest, Talladega Speedway, Speedway Hall of Fame and Logan Martin Lake. Pay close attention to the directions, especially the left turn right BEFORE bldg 221 or you will be unhooking your toad in order to turn your coach around. Signs are needed to guide campers into the facility. There is a turnaround at the bath house, a bit tight but manageable in my 42 foot MH. Nice setting, tall trees but enough openness to get satellite in most spots. Small park, only 8 spots, but as yet undiscovered, so there is availability. The hosts, the Browns, are wonderful, very friendly and helpful. The showers/restrooms are spartan but clean. There is a shoppette and club within walking distance of the campground. Be aware there is a CSX railroad at the edge of the campground. I didn't notice it, but others may be bothered. I planned on only staying 2 days, but stayed a week. Great weekly rate and monthly rates here. Overall, a good value if traveling along the I-20 corridor in NE Alabama. A great value if going to the Speedway for the Sprint Cup. I camped here in a motor home.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or