4.3 20
Alaska 51323
Aug 17-20, 2019
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Easy to find from the highway. Spaces are two straight back-to-back rows of pull-ins/back-ins (2 sets of hook-ups right next to one another, all the way to the back) so it can be a bit of a challenge getting a big rig to fit in some of these. We chose to back in and our electric cord was just long enough to cross under the motor home to the plugin. Our site, #24 was long enough (just) for our 38' MH and unhooked toad, narrow but with room for slides, but not much of a patio space. It was also mostly level, but I see a number of smaller rigs using blocking to level. Only about half the spaces were filled in mid August. Laundry is clean and nice, plenty of machines at $1.25, change machine and laundry products dispenser. Showers looked fine but a musty smell in the ladies. Handicapped shower available. Wifi only available at the lounge and lobby, but we were able to get a weak wifi signal at our site; enough for checking email, anyway. No Verizon cell or data, ATT has OK connectivity. Not a bad thing, however, to take the laptop over to the Freedom Fighters Lounge and sip a draft beer while checking your connection to the outside world. :) 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
August 24, 2019
Our family stayed at the AFRC Resort Just a few miles down the road. I’m from Lake Tahoe and this place is on par if not way above the beauty of my home. I highly recommend military RVers go to Seward during the “Shoulder” seasons if possible. We did and we had Seward almost all to ourselves and did not experience Cruise Ship tourists. Best decision we made. No crowds and best of all, we experienced Seward as locals do. Finally, if you want a FREE round trip fight to Alaska (and Seward), take a “Space-A” military flight from the 169th Air Refueling Wing at Forbes Field Topeka KANSAS to Elmendorf AFB. We never got bumped from 4 flights. Check out their web page: https://www.190arw.ang.af.mil/
1 results - showing 1 - 1