Arizona 152620
July 24-29, 2014
(Updated: August 04, 2014)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Very disappointed in this visit. I was surrounded by 10+ loud obnoxious juveniles in tents that were in the RV section that continued to be out of control until midnight. My grand daughters were scared and unable to sleep in my trailer. I reported the disturbance twice to the office, only to be told that quite hours were not until 11 PM. Don't expect to be able to rent a space in the RV section since the management does not care if a tent is given a 40 RV space. They are only interested in selling spaces, regardless of the type of occupant. I counted 4 tents in 40 feet RV spaces during my stay. I was forced to move into a cabin for one night because of the lack of availability of an RV space, even though I observed a vacant RV space for the 24 hrs that I was in the cabin. When I asked about the vacant space I was told it was occupied, Yeah Right. There are special needs juveniles that are given access to the campgrounds even thought they are non military. Do not plan a trip to the Fort Tuthill cabins in the humid season, July/August. you will have a very miserable stay. The Fort Tuthill management decided that the previously installed air conditioning units in the cabins were no longer cost effective, forget the comfort of its' occupants. Instead you get one ceiling fan to push around the hot humid air, no circulation of outside air. We were totally miserable in our one night cabin stay, had we were forced to open windows during a monsoon rainfall. Very hot, nearest comparison would be sleeping in your closet with the door closed, stay away in July/August. There is no mention of the lack of A/C units in their cabin ad. The Cabins are one room (studio style) with a full bathroom, kitchenette, couch, and a table. It accommodates four people with one queen bed and the full size pull-out couch. Towels and linens are provided. The kitchenette includes a sink, two-burner range top, coffee maker, and place settings for four. Each cabin has its own deck, charcoal grill, and picnic table. Reservations can be made online or by telephone. Please become familiar with our eligibility requirements prior to making reservations. Pets and smoking are prohibited in all lodging units. This unit is subject to a 48-hour cancellation policy and an early departure penalty. Failure to cancel 48-hours prior to arrival or early departure will result in extra charges.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 7 7

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
July 22, 2015
They are cabins and not the Hilton, get over it. As for the noise next door, you only had to make complaint with the management. We stay there many a time and we got what we were expecting...a cabin.
1 results - showing 1 - 1