3.8 47
Arizona 152578
April, 2016
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We were delighted to find that there was a military campground in the Flagstaff area as we worked our way across Route 66. Unfortunately, in our experience, location is the best aspect of this facility. The cabins, yurts, and lodge-style accommodations looked nice and seemed well utilized. The common areas and facilities appeared clean and well-kept. We found the employees to be civil but not helpful. The first words spoken to me on arrival and check-in were, "Military ID and card for payment." No "Please," "Hello," "Welcome," or other greeting. We arrived mid-afternoon and, while setting up, very loud music started coming from the common area about 75 yards away. It was loud enough that we couldn't have a conversation outside and it rattled some fixtures inside the RV. I walked down to the desk to ask if anything could be done... I was told, "They're having a wedding" without any other comment or offer to intervene (there was no evidence of a wedding in the group - just grilling and lots of kids playing). The noise went on well after dark and into the evening. The campground is well-shaded (I only found one site that had a view of the Dish western arc satellites). The roads are dirt and the 5 MPH speed limit is not enforced, so between the traffic and the wind, dust and dirt prevented us from opening windows - even though the temps were extremely pleasant. Our campsite was significantly unlevel from front-to-back, but OK side-to-side. The ground was dry when we arrived, but there were many deep, hardened ruts in ours and other campsites where rigs had come and gone on wet, muddy soil. The sites are a mix of 30- and 50-amp and we were assigned a 30-amp site. There are no sewer connections at the campsites and the dump site is laid out with the connections on the wrong side when exiting the campground. The laundry facility is clean and has four washers and four dryers in good condition. There is no place to hang clothes in the laundry and no rolling basket with a hanging bar, either. The location was convenient for exploring the area, but we probably won't stay here again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 10 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or