California 185056
October 2018
(Updated: December 03, 2018)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

As with all Navy run RV Parks this one charges a higher nightly rate. To the comments made regarding pests, I was there for a month, (Oct), and had no problem with ants or mice. The squirrels however were quite prevelant. For those having problems, stringing lights that flash along the undercarriage of your rig is cheaper than calling out the pest control people. And for ants, I carry "Home Defense" in my trailer which has served me well when I set up and spray around the undercarriage. Had the chance to play both courses at the Golf Course and enjoy an inexpensive hamburger plate at the Clubhouse. The proximity to Mission Valley is very convenient to include a Lowes and Costco as well as the SDCC Stadium that will soon be going through some changes depending on which measure got the vote. Going east on Friars Road, there are numerous restaurant choices, a Vons market, Petco and if you go a little farther one of the largest recreational parks in the US, Mission Regional Park with it's 5 Peak Challenge, which you can easily complete in 3 hikes if you do a little research at the Visitors Center. All in all this is an excellent park to settle in for a couple weeks or a month and take in much of what the area has to offer. And if you want to stay in the area a little longer, and don't mind dry camping for awhile, check out the new Bay View RV Park in Point Loma as there is much to be enjoyed in that area as well. Hope this helps, safe travels.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or