4.0 75
California 102253
December 12, 2019 - January 9, 2020
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I hesitate to write negative reviews as the benefit of having Military Campgrounds is wonderful. It is disappointing that the campground has continued to deteriorate over the past few years. We have stayed here frequently and its location is perfect for us as we have family nearby and there are many places to visit on day trips. Several comments though. The road into the park is in disrepair with numerous potholes to navigate. Not very easy on your RV or tow vehicle. While the park appears to be only about 20% occupied, there is still a 30 day limit on stays. A great deal of lost revenue. (There still appears to be some homesteading) The laundry facilities, while free, are a disgrace; there are only two working washers while there are 6 dryers. I might suggest that they contract them out as they do the cleaning of the restrooms, which are very clean. Unfortunately the "new" part of the park has suffered significantly as there it is virtually no grass. The sites are great, large and level. The staff is very courteous and helpful. I have only observed one paid maintenance staff. As a counterpoint, we have stayed at Seabreeze at NWS Seal Beach where daily rate is the same, and they have a number of paid maintenance staff (not sure of the number) and the facilities are in excellent condition and the park is at near 100% occupancy. The laundry is also free and they have 8 working washers and 8 working dryers. It is difficult to reconcile the disparity. Having said all this, we will return and do enjoy our time here. It "could" be so much better though with a little "command" attention.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 16 3

Comments

To write a comment please register or