3.4 50
California 74293
July 2024
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I'll have to be honest and say the good with the not-so-good. The good - The location is safe on the Air Force Reserve base. I am retired military and enjoyed seeing the different aircraft on the base. If you have business in the Moreno Valley or Riverside area, this is a good location. There are many stores, restaurants, and gas stations located right outside the gate. There is a nice commissary nearby. It is also outside the gated area. The not-so-good - The RV park seems to be an afterthought for the base. I don't really understand this because they are pulling in money from the campers. It's more or less like nobody really cares what kind of shape the park is in. I get the feeling the management believes that campers can take it or leave it. If you don't like it, you are free to go somewhere else. Although this is true, it's not a great reflection on the management. My tips for prospective campers - Take one of those hose-end insect control sprays with you. Spray your entire campsite before you park. There are gobs of ants. I pointed this out to the on-site manager once I noticed ants both outside and inside of my rig. He said, "Well, use some Raid or something." Hey, thank you for your service! The grass and weeds are pretty high. Does any landscape maintenance go on here? I had problems with the water hose bibs. I could not get them to stop dripping no matter what I did. The problem is that the threads were worn out. I wonder if the on-site manager has ever looked at stuff like this. Does the manager submit work orders for maintenance? It sure doesn't look like it. This famcamp may have been nice once upon a time. Now, it's a run-down relic of a place. All in all, it was not a good experience for my wife and I. The best part about it was leaving. Is that too harsh? Sorry, it's true. I will not be back.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
August 07, 2024
I agree with you!! We just camped there over a week ago. I filed a complaint and was told to contact MWR?? Our site was awful. The grass was so high who knew what was lurking there. We couldn't go outside and sit as it was so unkempt. Visually, it's such a shame. All you would need as a park host is a lawn mower and a weed eater...Shoot! I would have done it myself. My dog had to wear dog shoes to walk on our site as the weeds were terrible. Such a shame...
1 results - showing 1 - 1