3.8 12
California 96951
25 - 27 September 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

One of the best RV campsites I’ve been to in Southern California, that is, if you like the ambiance of being in the mountain forest yet, in walking distance (1 mile) to the local stores and ½ mile to Snow Summit if you enjoy winter sports. This campground offers the best bang for the buck in the area for RV camping with hookups. The site was quiet with plenty of room for my great nephews to run around without treading through someone else’s campsite. We were the only RV in the campsite, the rest of the RV sites were full with tent campers, yet the tent campsites were empty except for one tent camper. There is a very nice playground for the kids, as well as, sand volleyball, tennis and basketball courts. The 1 mile USMC hiking trail was a real treat with a 1,240 foot elevation gain in the first tenth of a mile and a max elevation gain of 1,448 feet in the first half mile (from 5,952 feet to 7,400 feet) according to my Garmin GPS. Even the two 4 year olds made the hike without any problems or complaints. They really had a blast hiking in the forest. A short 5 minute drive to the other side of the lake and you can enjoy Big Bear Discovery Center; take the nature walk while you are there. For you Big Rig RV’ers, the site we had (#3) could accommodate a 38 foot rig easily. The hookups are at the very front of the site. They only have 30 amp electric hookups. There is no sewer hookup but they do have an easily accessible dump station. By the way, they do have the cleanest bathrooms and showers I have ever seen in a public campground.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 6 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or