3.7 34
California 101527
August 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Put our RV here to get it ready to go to the beach. Had a FHU site the first time that was a bit of an experience getting backed into. Overall good experience, nice facilities- didn't check out shower facilities. Employees are really nice and very helpful. It was kind of hot as the lake is in a valley so not much ocean breeze but still a good location. Close to the hospital if you have reason to go there. As for directions, I would disagree with the directions listed from southbound I5. Going all the way through the base takes a long time & they've had a lot on construction on Basilone road between the Basilone Gate & Los Pulgas Gate making driving an RV a true experience. Time wise and ease of travel, would suggest going down to the main gate in Oceanside (same exit as given for Northbound I5) rather than driving through. If you want to go through the base some, use the Las Pulgas Gate & you'll miss the road construction. The construction was supposed to be done by 31 August but it isn't close to being done yet & there are some really narrow areas.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or