California 92569
10-11 May 20012
(Updated: May 19, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Spent the night here to get the season started and to warm up (we live on the coast). It was easy to find the RV camp, (watch out for the winding curbs going thu the base gates), no reservations needed, probably 1/2 full, easy pull thrus, FHU, not a lot of shade & little grass, lots of small trees planted that should help with the shade in the coming years, pet friendly. Both the well stocked commissary & exchange were within short walking distance as well as quite a few fast food venders. Note to self: Get Beer before getting set up. Neither the commissary nor the exchange sell beer. I walked a long hot/dry ways looking for the shoppette with its' promise of the cold ones needed to complete my camp out, no luck finding the elusive shoppette. I Finally ventured out again to the base gas station. I knew where it was. Still a bit of a walk but not as far as that unsuccessful shoppette venture. SCORE, and another hot walk back to the RV. The camp host came by for a friendly chat. Seamed be be a pretty nice guy. Was hot in the day and cooled off pretty well in the night. A nice fairly quiet camp out. At $15 a night, I'll certainly go back.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or