3.8 12
California 96959
August 24, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We were in Big Bear visiting friends and "thought" we had a place to spend the night. Well, that didn't work out. Since I was going to visit the USMC Big Bear Recreation Facility anyway, I decided to see if they had a cabin available for the night. They did and it was less expensive than a hotel room ($100 for Sunday night). The location has much going for it, especially for getting away for some recreation. TONS of recreation activities available. The office staff were very friendly and helpful. Since I didn't have a reservation when I arrived, they called the reservation number for me to make a reservation for that night and pay over the phone. Then I checked in and we got a real nice cabin. The cabin was well equipped and would sleep 6 people. The cabin was in pretty good condition and was clean. The RV sites are small, but adequate for a small trailer or pop-up. We didn't have the combination to the restrooms near the camp sites, so I didn't check on them. Overall, we liked this place.
A cabin living area and fireplace.
The cabin kitchen.
A typical cabin.
California
  • File Description
    File Size
    File Type
    Downloads
  • 2014 Brochure
    Brochure of the Big Bear Recreation Facility for 2014.
    420 KB
    Server Error
    Server Error