California 112952
December 2014 - February 2015
(Updated: November 08, 2015)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Came to VAFB without a reservation and the young man in the office was able to get me into a pull thru. He was able to switch around some reservations so I wouldn't have to move during my stay, I greatly appreciated this because my wife is handicapped and the closer we are to the bathroom the better. The camp hosts Hugh and Lisa were accommodating, they lent me a 30 amp adapter when I realized all the sites were 50 amp only. I find the easiest way to review is lay out the pros and cons of a place and why I rated what I did. Location 5/5, prime spot for a campground. I believe with a but of updating and perhaps additions drive thrus you would have a real money maker here. Cleanliness/hospitality 5/5, bathrooms and lounge was clean and comfortable. The staff, especially Brandon, was quite accommodating. The young man in the office makes you feel more like a guest in his home than a customer at a campground, very welcoming and informative. Amenities/facilities 3/5, these need updating. The washers and dryers, furniture, carpets, bathrooms, showers, and sites seem outdated and in need of replacing/updating. The laundry room is desperately in need of a change machine. One thing that really hurt the score here is the roots in the pull thru sites. Value 4/5, according to the staff the prices just went up slightly. I believe that the prices are somewhat competitive but, the campground could offer more to make me feel like I got my money's worth, I recommend some sort of recreation room (ping pong, billiards, etc) and a snack bar or vending machine. Overall experience 5/5, a wonderful place if you like a quiet camp ground and welcoming staff. If this place was to be updated I would go out of my way to stay here as much as I could.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 13 4

Comments

To write a comment please register or