Florida 116393
15 Feb-30 Mar 2011
(Updated: March 28, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

WOW has this place changed! It's got a great location and can really be a nice place...IF....BIG IF...management cared. Now I've got nothing against 'homesteaders', as long as they are considerate. There's a few rigs that have been here for a while that have really entrenched themselves. It's very apparent that they believe this is THEIR RV park and others are intruding. They leave their dogs tied up all day and in to the evening. There's a beagle (#18) that howls, barks or whines for hours. When this is mentioned to the folks at the office they say, "oh yeah, we'll talk to them". Well, I'm not sure IF they talked to them or not, but whatever they MAY have said made NO difference. The dog gets off his runner and chases the raccoons all over the park. Friends of the beagle owners, leave their bulldog tied up and it also gets off the runner. It runs all over the camp until some kind sole can catch it and return it to the correct site (#26) all without the owners having a clue. Forget about the published rules. No one enforces them. In addition to the 5th wheel, there are 3 cars, a cargo trailer AND a trailer with 2 jet skis. Destin Army Rec site is just down the road. Stay there and enjoy a place that is run right!I think with the talk of moving Hurlburt the management has just given up on it. Cryin' shame.....
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or