Florida 116626
6-8 July 2012
(Updated: July 12, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I pulled my camper over here this past weekend and yet again I was disapointed. I've been coming here about 2 times a year on average for the last 10 years. This place has been steadily going down hill every year. I asked the girl at the front desk if this place was closing. She said "one day". I asked what that meant and she said the delay was due to budget constraints. Here's what I don't understand: I've camped at several different campgrounds over the years. In a non FamCamp park, the nightly fees cover the operating costs of maintaing the campground. At Hurlburt, the fees are very close to what I would pay at a non FamCamp. So why don't the fees pay for the upkeep of this park? It's because the fees go into the big NAF pot and the monies from the FamCamp are diverted to other NAF facilities such as the golf course. It's obvious to me the base commander doesn't camp. I wonder if he plays golf? The Hurlburt FamCamp is in one of the most desirable locations in the southeastern United States and our government just lets it go to pot. What a crying shame.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or