Review Detail

4.2 116
July 29, 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

No question, this is a 5 star operation. They have added 40 new sites, 70 now total on Battleship Row, and 83 at Anchor Cove, all part of The Blue Angels’ FAMCAMP in West Pensacola, Florida. There is also a new pavilion with laundry and showers at Battleship Row; the sites give you plenty of room and they are RV easy in-and-out because of the wide streets. There are pull-trough, back-in and water view sites available. You drive in, pick your site, and then go back to the office to register. They do not accept reservations. A 90 day maximum stay can be extended if sites are available. I was told they have never turned anyone away. There is enough drying camping for 1,000 RVs on the old airstrip once used by the Coast Guard. The back gate to NAS Pensacola is 8 miles away. The commissary is off base maybe 6 miles away. There are a ton of things to do in the area. I used FoxFi and Verizon for internet connection with no problems. The staff was very helpful and friendly. This is an open gate area after 1700hrs. I was military security only twice during my two week stay. Anchor Cove only has 30amp and water available. There is a dump station close by. Anchor Cove is rustic with a lot of trees and a great beach for swimming. Fees are $13 a day or $350 a month at Anchor Cove Battleship Row is $20 a day and $540 a month. There are kayaks and small sailboats for rent and even a paintball combat course if you are board. We camped here in a 40’ motor home. We will definitely camp here again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or