4.2 83
Nov 16 - Nov 25, 2015
(Updated: October 21, 2016)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

My wife had surgery Nov 16, 2015. We reserved a site for Nov 15 thru Nov 22, then extended it for 5 days making us depart on Nov 27th. We learned that the site was reserved for someone else beginning Nov 26, That was a very critical time as then we had to vacate the site, and I had to transfer my wife to a rehab hospital at the same time. I was given the opportunity to go to another site, but it still required time that I really did not have.The site should not have been rented out from under us until it was time for us to leave. there are still people that are homesteading in violation of the campground rules. There is still no Wi-Fi available, not even in the social hall even though there has been a price increase under the pretense of getting Wi-Fi 3 times, from $360 per month to $500 per month. I was very dissatisfied with the management of this campground. I use to visit this campground regularly, but as of late it has really gone down hill, from management to its appeal, and I will never visit it again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 10 18

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
January 14, 2016
Our brand new reservation system began October 1st, 2015. Admittedly, it has had some growing pains. As for the price increase on October 1st, we are comparable with other military campgrounds in our area. We even offer cable TV at the sites and activities at a Recreation Center for campers to enjoy during peak months that some do not. We are currently working on getting Wi-Fi in the park. We have all new staff here at Tyndall AFB Fam Camp; to include the manager. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your last visit in November. Much effort has been placed on cleaning up the campground for our customers and we will continue to work to make it a wonderful experience for all. Thank you for your critique we see it as a gift. There is always room for improvement! We hope you reconsider and will visit us again next year. Safe travels!
1 results - showing 1 - 1