3.8 53
Idaho 69071
July 2017
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

The camp host cornered my 10 year old and 5 year old sons in the bathroom and screamed at them for being too loud after quiet hours. He frightened them very much. I heard the yelling and crying (yelling from him and crying from the boys) and came in to investigate. He proceeded to scream at me as well, calling us a bunch of White Trash and threatening to call the base police. I very nearly called them myself, and looking back probably should have. The next morning on my way back from the bathrooms my 10 year old son came running to get me. "Come quick the scary man is here." I ran back to the campsite to find the host yelling at my 5 year old son because he had ridden his scooter without a helmet. He then proceeded to call my military service into question - "How did they let you on base anyway?...You, an officer...yeah right. If you really were an officer and not some damn white trash you would have taught your children to wear a helmet." We left as soon as possible. I have never felt so unsafe in a campground - public or military. Mountain Home has hired crazy people to host their campground. I will never stay there again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 11 3

Comments

3 results - showing 1 - 3
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
March 20, 2018
I how you called the MWR officer or SOMEONE about this idiot.
March 21, 2018
I'll admit the guy was an idiot and a camphost should act more professional. However we have children wandering unattended after quiet hours and not once, but twice, caught breaking rules. There would have been ZERO interaction with the camp host had the children not been left to their own devices. Just my little root-cause analysis.
March 26, 2018
In reply to an earlier comment

I was in the women's side of the restroom and the boys were using the men's. I was only alerted to the noise once the camphost started screaming, so they couldn't have been too loud.
3 results - showing 1 - 3