3.6 81
Illinois 97771
June 22-25, 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

According to the reviews I just read, I would not visit this campground. But since we came in without reservations and never having seen this famcamp, we were totally happy with what we found. We came in on Golf Course Rd with no trouble and it takes you right to the campground. We were too late to register at the office but that was not a problem. We just located an empty site that did not have a registration packet and parked. We located the registration box at the laundry facility and completed our form with one nights payment. The next morning we located MWR where we paid for two additional nights. We found the office staff very friendly and all paper work went smoothly. I agree the restrooms could use a little more attention but I have seen alot worse. According to lunderwo's review the roads and campsites were made to accomodate only small units. We did not find this the case. We drive a 40ft motorhome with a towed vehicle and did not unhitch till we located a site in the graveled section. We were able to make all turns without leaving the pavement. The base police make regular runs through the campground and we saw no need for a camphost unless they would be responsible for restrooms. We will deffinately return when back in this area.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or