Review Detail

4.3 15
May 19, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

R.O. left this review using the Directory software: - My wife and I spent two weeks at APG camping ground to visit family. We arrived a day earlier than our reservation and called MWR to see if a site was available. Not only was the site available but the person at MWR, Lyndsey Moore, waited after hours to give us the site keys. This camp ground just opened around April 2014 and was replacing a camp ground located at Edgewood military facility, according to MWR. The sites are concrete pads with full hook-up and are spaced nicely. The sites are located between very mature trees which provided shade and in our case did not prevent us from getting a strong satellite connection. There is no bath house or dump which I do not consider as a negative factor. Each site has a lock on the electric and water connections. This key must be picked up at the MWR office. This camp ground will have Wi-Fi in the very near future. The library has Wi-Fi. They were measuring for installation during our stay. Surprisingly, during our visit there were 6 empty sites. There are plenty of things to do on and off post. It is a golfers paradise. The weekly rate makes this campground one of the least expensive in the military system. The stay is limited to 30 days according to the printed literature however based on the current occupancy rate this rule may have some flexibility.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or