3.1 38
Maryland 75433
1-7 June 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We made reservations three months in advance. I would recommend the same because the grounds were full most of the time we were there. Did not look like anyone was homesteading. The bathouse is old and could use a coat of paint, but they do clean them daily. The directions to the campgrounds and rec center are spot on except the gate guard is now manned. As stated earlier, it is NOT recommended you drive your rig down to the rec center. Park on the blacktop parking lot next to the baseball field and call the rec center, and ask if they'll assign you a site. We had site#4. It was sufficient. The staff at the rec center was unfriendly and not helpful. AT&T service was adequate. We used a Dish Network Tailgator, and it worked fine; however, another camper with the same dish had no luck. Digital antenna picked up plenty of channels. A new NEX & commissary is expected to open late Aug 2014. There is a thrift store within walking distance. I broke a golf club and bought another for $3! Beautiful golf course is nearby along with a huge fitness center and ice-rink; however, the ice-rink is closed during the summer. As stated earlier, the NEX gas station does NOT have diesel. I found the WAWA gas station to be the closest (about 5 miles) to sell diesel. To eat: There's the Blue Jacket Cafe just past the rec center on the left. Foods not that great, and they ONLY do breakfast & lunch. There's a Subway between the old NEX & commissary. Not sure if the Subway will stay or not when the new NEX & commissary open. The woods adjacent to the campgrounds contains an obstacle course. Good workout! No WIFI at the campground, but available at the rec center. We had no 30AMP power issues. USNA is about a 15-20 minute bike ride away. Access to the USNA is easiest at the first gate you come to. Can't remember the gate number, but it's NOT the one by the visitor's center. Visitor center gate is VERY busy.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or