4.0 62
Massachusetts 93085
Aug 9th to Aug.14th 2019
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We arrived on 8/9 and on way in saw a vacant site. At check in the person said they only had W/E and I told her about the site. 1st she said she hadn't checked them yet then she said she just gave it out so I took a W/E site. When hooking up I noticed the 50 Amp plug was upside-down. We checked the bathhouse and the men's shower were discussing. No one has cleaned the stalls with any cleaners because the walls had black dirt imbedded in the walls and floor. We checked the Laundry room and it has not been sweep or really cleaned in some time. Tried to find a camp host and no signs reflecting the host or who was on duty. The basic overall appearance of the park is very disappointing for an AF Famcamp. The place is seedy looking and the overall management of the park by military or civilian is very poor. We drove by the 1st vacant site noted in the beginning and on the 3rd day it was still vacant and that afternoon they called and offered it. I told her that was the same site we asked about 3 days ago and she had no answer. This tells me that no one checks the park daily for openings. No one checks each site after they leave because our spot was not, at least, blown off and the power switch was still on. My question still is, What does the Camp Host Do, just get paid? While there we noticed power flickering and on the 4th night power out and on and brownouts. Camper next to us experienced the same. Contacted the Office a person came and opened the main power box and said the breaker is rusted and they would call. We had no power and the fear of damage was to great so we let the CG early. This place should be shut down until they find proper management, camp host with job descriptions, the home build RVs removed (not NFPA Certified) unless the AF is willing to accept the risk of all damage. The poor quality of this Famcamp, its' management is a reflection of the poor quality leadership at the Senior Officer and Enlisted ranks. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 6 4

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
October 12, 2019
Hanscom AFB Fam Camp may not be the "shiniest" or the fanciest RV park you can experience in the USA, but it is the one we keep coming back to every year. Why? Because there is a real community of caring people here. Want to go see the sights in Boston but you feel you can't leave because you don't have dog care? No worries. One of the regulars is available to walk your pooch so you can go have fun. And it won't cost you a dime. Having trouble with your RV and need access to a repair professional? You can be connected to a mobile unit RV pro who can come to your RV site to help you. Have a health scare? You will have more help than you need if you ask. Want to get to know some great people? Meet up in the Community Room for coffee every weekday morning, or join the group around the communal fire in the evenings for some great conversation. Anne-Marie and Norm Ross have worked very hard to build and maintain this community over the years. They do a great job. Hanscom AFB is lucky to have them.
October 26, 2019
I have come to Hanscom four times this season and there is a reason I keep coming back. This is a great community that everyone watches out for one another. Ann-Marie and Norm do a great job. If you ever need help with anything that's never an issue.
2 results - showing 1 - 2