4.6 22
Minnesota 58549
July 21-26, 2019
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Tried to make reservations for July 21-26, but were told they were full, so we stayed elsewhere. We visited the campground on July 26th and there were 10 sites available. Perhaps they were full on the weekend at the beginning of our requested reservation dates? Nice National Guard base with a very nice military museum. The lady at the lodging check-in counter seemed a bit confused on the campground. Even though the RV sites don't have sewer, they still call them "Full Hook-up" sites. There is a dump near the entrance to the campground. Large sites near the Mississippi River. New and clean showers and restrooms. We would like to have stayed here, but the Corps of Engineer park we stayed at (with electric) was cheaper.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 1

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
May 19, 2020
Did you think that folks had probably already checked out by the time you visited? After all, you wanted to stay until Jul 26th and didn't visit until that day?? Maybe if you had said you visited on the 21st or 22nd. Not sure why you are commenting if you did not stay here. It is our favorite military campground, hands down. I still have the brochure from when we stayed last year. Neither their website or brochure says "full hook up" and there isn't a US CoE in the area with a rate lower than here, at $17 per night. The campground host, Jim, is fantastic. He even puts a large pile of firewood at your site daily.
(Updated: May 20, 2020) May 20, 2020
Hi Typool, of course people checked out earlier. I didn't say otherwise. I visited the campground after we left the COE park and were traveling past here. I stopped by and made the review so I could also update the information on the website and make a video of the campground. As I said in the review, the lady at the check-in counter called them "full hook-up" sites, which they are not. DeParq Woods Campground is a very nice campground. The COE campground we stayed at was $12 a night (a few hours away).
2 results - showing 1 - 2