Featured
Mississippi 102264
April 2018
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is our first time at this facility and I'd say won't be the last! What a great location! There are miles of beaches nearby and not even close to being crowded. And even if one section were crowded, you just head west or east and find you a spot! The restaurants are great, plenty of seafood and fishing, the people are friendly; it's just and all-around great place to visit! Now for the park: Location: As I said, brilliant! Great location; I-10 is just a few miles north of the park, too. There are two parks, the older park beside the cemetery, just inside the gate; and a newer park at the back of the base by the lake. Cleanliness/Hospitality: The office staff have been friendly and helpful; the Men's Room was a bit dirty on arrival, but has been spotless thereafter. Amenities/Facilities: All amenities are well serviced and maintained. Laundry facility is great ($1.50 to wash and dry one load, for us). The NEX, Commissary, and NEX Gas/Convenience store are easy to find with helpful signage, though there are towards the back of the base. Value: Considering how civilian campgrounds gouge you for $40-60/night, these days, it's a spectacular value... Overall Experience: Awesome! One note: we stayed in site #12 in the old section, just inside the gate, and it floods when it rains. So, does site #11. It eventually drains and dries, but just know that if you get either spot, it will flood when it rains (an inch, or more of rain).
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or