4.3 121
South Carolina 135267
May 2018
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Stay at this facility every year, as it is close to downtown Charleston and very reasonable price. I am writing this review based on my current reservation. I made the reservations well in advance during our 6 month RV adventure and wanted to stop at Foster Creek since it would be our last stop from Florida to our home in Virginia. My sister was recently hospitalized due to serious health issues and what appeared to be a short stint in the hospital followed by Home nursing care, turned out to be a longer than expected hospital stay. This would require us to cancel our reservation and when the day came make a bee line back to Bassett, VA. The facility charges you up front for the total stay and states that there will be no refunds, no situations will be taken. I find it atrocious that this facility has this "No refund for any reason policy" We will be out our money and that is too bad. We have travel in our RV about 6 months/year sin 2013 and cannot recall 1. Any Park (civilian or military) that charges you upfront for your stay, 2. Has a cancellation policy that keeps the total charge. This needs to be reviewed. For a park that is not up to par with other Military Campgrounds, what is going on????? This posting is a warning to those looking forward to making reservation. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 9 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or