South Carolina 73916
June 1 - 15, 2001
(Updated: June 18, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

As full-time RVers and retired military, we like to stay at military campgrounds whenever possible. The FamCamp at Shaw AFB, SC has full hookups but their hookups were not what campgrounds typically offer. Specifically, the sewer connections are at the front of the site and not next to the power tower and water supply. Above ground piping did not allow for normal connections without some modifications. The FamCamp on-site management team indicated that their fax machine was not working, their copy machine was not working, their ice machine was not working properly, and that they were having trouble getting these items fixed. Power went out 2 times in a two week period, too. And, one day while in the FamCamp office getting ice, I was told that the power would probably be going out that afternoon and could be out for up to 2 days. I asked management if they were planning on letting the other campers know of this and they indicated they would let others know as soon as they could ... they could not leave the office unattended while telling other campers. The good news ... power did not go out. Overall, the campground needs much improvement starting with sewer hookups. Ice machine needs to be repaired if the FamCamp is advertising free ice for campers. The air base is beautiful and the BX and commissary are outstanding. I have downloaded pictures for viewing if interested. The FamCamp management team could use more monetary support.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or