4.2 162
Texas 165851
Sept. 17, 2024
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

BIG RIG ALERT - The NAS Corpus RV park has two areas. Park A (at one time a mobile home park) has 28 essentially unlimited length grass sites with concrete patios. About half of these sites are pull-through. There is a restroom and washers, but no showers in park A. The larger Park B has concrete pads for parking and patio and all are back-in. Nice bathhouse, laundry and community kitchen in Park B. Most of the park B sites are about 40 feet long on the short side. All of the 30 amp and some of the 50 amp sites in park B are even shorter. To park my 45 foot tag axle DP in park B I have to back over the concrete parking curb at the back and put that axle on the grass (which isn't a problem). What is a problem is that most of the concrete curbs are deteriorated and the rebar is sticking up. Not something I want to risk my tires backing over. We have stayed in this park dozens of times (we started with a 16' TT, then a 37' fiver, and now a 45' DP) we've never had a problem getting an appropriate site. Last week we made an online reservation with Navy Beds and received a confirmation email for a "30/50 AMP PULL THRU PARK A." When we got here we were told that all the sites in park A - including all the pull through sites - were now reserved for active duty and "long termers" and all "recreational" users were to go to park B. We explained to the manager that we couldn't use the park B sites and we'd have to go elsewhere. He explained that the new policy had come from far up the chain of command, but he made a couple of phone calls and made an exception for us. I don't think it is his fault, but this policy obviously comes from someone who doesn't have all the facts and is trying to solve a non-problem. As I look around Park A it looks like most of the pull through sites are occupied by long termers in big fivers and a few small TT's. More than half of the back-in sites - which are the logical sites for long termers - are empty. I'm all for giving the choice sites to active duty troops, but it would be nicer for everyone to put the small TT's in park B near the bathhouse, laundry and community kitchen rather than just blindly assigning sites by status rather than need.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts