4.3 30
Texas 99008
June 8-11, 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

WOW. This was our first time to visit RRAD and I am sorry that I haven't visited earlier. We rented a cabin. All cabins are on the water, have decks, completely shaded with trees and are nicely furnished. Boat rentals are priced right and the sailboats (3) are free to use if you are ASA certified. The lake itself is large and because it is on a military installation it is like having your own private lake as very few people are boating/fishing. At dusk, the fire flies light up the grounds. Yes it was a hassle getting the MWR badges however the people in Security were friendly and did give fast service. But since when has anything with the government been hassle free? The drive to the lake once inside the gate takes about 10 minutes but you are back in the woods, like campgrounds ought to be. I tip my hat to the MWR staff there. EVERYONE of them treated you like a good neighbor, like a guest in their home. Bring whatever bait you want to use for fishing as they have a small selection of bait in the country store.
We will be back at least once a quarter.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or